Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, September 11, 2015

Supermodel Helena Christensen Has a Pet Lizard

Celebrities at the Women's Fall 2010 Calvin Klein Collection After Party during New York Fashion Week in New York City, NY. (Photo Agency)more pics »Helena Christensen (Photo Agency)Helena Christensen and her 11-year-old son Mingus share their New York apartment with a bright orange bearded dragon who loves nothing more than to feast on insects.

She revealed: “My son is an avid animal collector. We have a bearded dragon. She eats so much – I have to go get crickets for her all the time. But I have a son, that’s what happens.”

The 42-year-old catwalk beauty says Mingus -- her child with actor Norman Reedus -- loves animals so much he has ambitions to open a pet store when he is older, but she believes he can be anything he wants because he is so smart.

She added in an interview with InStyle magazine: “He’s pretty smart. He’s very advanced in arithmetic and all the science subjects. But his father is a really great artist, a painter and a sculptor, so he’s got that side and I love to draw as well, so I think he’s got a good mixture. And he’s a chess genius. That, he didn’t get from me.”

Helena also loves to collect antiques and when she is not hunting for miniature dolls or classic furniture she likes to add to her menagerie of ornamental animals.

She said: “I started collecting porcelain owls years ago, before everyone else did. Now, I’m collecting platypuses.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates